Wednesday 23 March 2011

Day 33 (Wed, March 16) - Flight Yangon to Bangkok

Thae Nu met me at the airport and we hung out for about an hour before my flight. She gave me three bags of green tea, and we had a coffee together (which I promptly threw up). I left her the mobile phone I bought with her assistance the first day; it won't work outside of Burma. Zaw Zaw was working but came over to say bye. Thae Nu gave me a pill which I took, and stopped the vomiting.

I slept through the flight.

It was nice arriving in Bangkok for the second time and having a chance to get my bearings, finding my way calmly down to the City Train which runs directly into the center. Naew had emailed me instructions on how to get to her husband's office by public transport, and it was a breeze. 'You didn't get lost?' asked Chaisak when I arrived at his office. No, but when I walked into the lobby with my big backpack on, the receptionist gave me a look that left no doubt she thought I had.

The family was going out for dinner for Shin's 12th birthday in the evening, and Naew had suggested I drop off my bag and do some sight-seeing for the afternoon. I wasn't feeling up to either sight-seeing or eating dinner, and caught a ride home with Chaisak's driver, who was picking up Naew's sister and the kids.

I'd fallen asleep by the time the family returned about 9.30pm, but Naew knocked on my door and we had a nice chat.

No comments:

Post a Comment